Just another WordPress.com site
Got my scanner working
I finally got my scanner working thanks to an overstock of power supplies at my day job, one of which happened to be exactly the type for my scanner. Here are a few scans:
First scan: to show how crappy the laser printer is when printing on transparencies. The heat completely ruined the darker areas. Also, I put a black rectangle on the left to indicate how little contrast the print has: the two people should be about as dark.
Second scan: the blackberry anthotype. Very little to see on this print. It’s clear that the exposure wasn’t long enough because even the parts outside of the negative are still quite dark.
Third scan: the wine reduction anthotype. A bit more visible. Higher contrast negatives (particularly darker blacks) and a longer exposure should help.
A friend of mine gave me the hint to stick a negative + dyed paper to our roof window, which is oriented south. I can easily leave it there for a much longer time, there are no trees or buildings blocking the view and it’s safe from rain. Great tip ! Thanks, Dirk !